Beautiful Landscaping: Planning is the Key
So you want to create a fascinating landscape garden around your home? It may sound so easy, but it’s not. Putting your dream garden into reality always require proper landscaping planning so you won’t end up delaying its execution because of increased cost and other problems.
Even if you will to do the task yourself, you still need to plan everything from day one. Careful planning results to a well-designed landscape that will surely bring pleasure to your family and will increase the value of your property. Remember: it isn’t just about placing trees and plants around your home. It is rather an art involving conscious organization of your outdoor space to make it not just pleasing to the eyes but a truly enjoyable place to stay in.
Set your goals
An American like you will surely spend big bucks for their home and building beautiful landscaping. To avoid putting much of that money to waste, you should set a goal and focus on realizing that. Also, you must understand not just how but why you landscape. Among the main goals of landscaping are:
• To develop and organize the area around your home for maximum use and human satisfaction
• To create a harmonious visual relationship between your house and the yard.
• To minimize landscape maintenance to a more practical level.
Create a Landscape Design
So you goal has been set. The next thing you must do is to create the landscape design you want for your yard. This process can be way too easy if you have landscaping software. Nevertheless, you can use a piece of paper and colored pencils to begin sketching and designing your landscape. Here’s how:
• Create a simple, scaled drawing of the site. Sketch its utilities, walks, and driveways and note where paved surfaces are. Then, point out the areas where flower beds, patios, vegetable garden and play areas will be situated.
• By drawing arrows, indicate sun angles as well as prevailing winds for winter and summer. Make sure to circle the place in your yard that need wind protection or shade.
• Highlight areas where landscaping height or width is restricted. Also, emphasize the place where drainage is poor and the areas with standing water. Note also the trees and shrubs already existing in your yard.
While sketching your landscape design, consider the needs and habits of your family. Make a design that best satisfies not just their needs but their hearts’ desire. Discuss with your family the things they want to incorporate and prioritize the most important aspects.
Survey available Materials
Once you’ve come up with a fascinating design, what you need to do next is to review the materials needed and find out how much the whole project will cost. List down the price of all the materials you need to complete the project. These include benches, plants, rocks, the bricks and many more. Also, include in your computation the labor cost. When you already know how much you need to spend for your home landscaping, you can now decide when to push through with the project.
Those are the basic steps involved in every beautiful landscaping plan. So if you want a home that’s beautiful in and out, give it a good interior design matched with an attractive landscape. And in every landscaping project bear in mind that proper planning is the key to beautiful landscaping.
House Tips | Auto Tips | Sports/Hobbies | Grandma's Tips |
Wisdom & Humor |