8 Qualities to Possess to Achieve Happiness In Life
Happiness is defined as a state of well-being characterized by emotions ranging from contentment to intense joy. We all strive to achieve great joy in our lives, but for some of us, finding this true emotion is often a trying and difficult challenge. Here we have chosen to discuss eight qualities one must possess in order to achieve this goal.
1. LOVE. This is the ultimate cause of joy and peace within ourselves...renewable and everlasting. We often think that being loved is the best feeling in the world, but it's the second best. The best is loving someone else. Love is the polar opposite of fear, emotionally and neurologically. Thus, it is the antidote to fear and the first step towards joy and contentment.
2.OPTIMISM. Being optimistic gives you power over the painful events in your life. Optimism is realizing that the more painful the event, the more profound the lesson. Once you bring this knowledge into your heart, you can never again look at any event as all bad. Optimism gives you power over fear of the future and over regret for the past.
3.COURAGE. This is your strongest weapon for overcoming the split-second power of fear. Without courage you can't overcome fear because your body is naturally geared to react to it. If fear is eternally programmed into your brain, though, so is courage. It comes from the neocortex and is a product of the spirit, the intellect, and the higher emotions of love and generosity. It is nature's natural balance for the fear that has helped us survive. It's the quality that allows us to thrive.
4.A SENSE OF FREEDOM. Nothing fills the soul like freedom. Having freedom means you're allowed to make choices and having choices is what makes us unique human beings. When we choose, we define who we are. Everyone has the power to make choices, but unhappy people don't know they have it. They think it's only for the rich. It's not. I've met a thousand rich people who didn't feel free. Choice is available to anyone who has the courage to exercise it.
5. PROACTIVITY. Play an active role in your own destiny and take responsibility for creating joy in your life. Don't expect other people or events in their lives to creat this for you. Don't standby and be a passive victim.
6. SECURITY. Happy people know that nothing, over time, lasts forever...not money, not approval, not even life itself. So they don't measure security with a calendar or a calculator. They simply like who they are. They're not slaves to popularity, longevity, or financial status. They know that security is an inside job.
7. HEALTH. Happiness and health are interdependent. It's hard to be happy if you don't feel healthy, and it's hard to be healthy if you're not happy. Of special importance for happiness is healthy mood chemistry. You can have a joyful life and not even know it if you're tortured by faulty mood chemistry. An imbalance of the neurotransmitters serotonin and dopamine, for example, can mask the happiness that lies beneath it.
8. SPIRITUALITY. Happy people aren't afraid to go beyond the confines of their own existence. They let go, and welcome extraordinary experiences. They have markedly less fear of death. They're not afraid of dying - they're afraid of not living a fulfilling life.
Dealing with Anger
House Tips | Auto Tips | Sports/Hobbies | Grandma's Tips |
Wisdom & Humor |