Need A Lawyer 5 Tips On Finding Legal Help
Whether you need a lawyer for yourself or a loved one that is dealing with a traffic ticket or a murder charge, it is imperative to work with a skilled attorney. After all, if you fail to appear in court with a lawyer who has a firm understanding of the laws that impact your case, you will be much more likely to end up paying large fines or spending the next several years in prison. Fortunately, there are several ways to sort through all of the available attorneys in your area to help you quickly find the right one.
Five Tips for Finding the Right Lawyer
1. Ask for Referrals
- Your extended network of family, friends and co-workers can be a good referral source for local attorneys. However, keep in mind that you need to find a lawyer who specializes in your specific type of case. In other words, you would never hire a divorce attorney to defend you if you are facing a murder charge in Florida. Instead, you would need to work with a Florida based criminal lawyer.
2. When you need a lawyer Utilize a lawyer finder website
- There are several websites that are dedicated to listing all of the attorneys who work in a specific field or geographic area. For example, if you are located in Florida, you'll find that
Katz & Phillips, P.A can assist you with your legal needs. Using one of these sites is a great way to compile a list of options. However, you should do some additional research before you begin blindly calling dozens of lawyers. For instance, you can do an online search for each attorney's name to find out more information about their practice, including any major cases that they have represented.
3. Search for Reviews
- You can easily use the Internet to find reviews about most attorneys, and this will make it much easier to determine who has the experience, success ratio and personality that you are looking for. Although the lawyer's personality is the least important factor, it is always important to find someone with whom you feel comfortable working.
4. Interview Your Top Choices
- Once you have consulted with your friends and the Internet, you should select a few lawyers you are interested in hiring. The next step is to schedule an introductory meeting with each of them, and you should use this time to ask them some questions that pertain to their legal style and your case. This process can help you determine who is truly interested in helping you, and that will make it easier to make a final decision.
5. Express Your Financial Needs
- Some attorneys work on a contingency basis, but many others require payment throughout the entire legal process. If you are not able to make a payment unless you win, it will be imperative to look for lawyers who are willing to work with these terms. If you fail to be upfront about any applicable financial constraints, you could end up wasting a lot of time talking to attorneys who will not agree to take your case.
When you need an experienced attorney or law firm such
as Katz & Phillips, P.A
make a huge difference in any legal case, so it is always worthwhile to
take the time to find legal representation. After all, if you simply go to
court alone, you run the risk of losing your freedom along with a lot of
We would lime to thank Tara Banks for this article 5 tips when you need a lawyer.
Check out these great sections
Feel better with articles from our Health Section.
Get some laughs from our Humor Section
View Fantastic Photos
Take a trip through our Travel Section.
*Note - In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, any copyrighted work distributed under fair use without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for non-profit research and educational or criticism purposes only. We make no claims to All graphics, photographs and cartoons etc. And we charge no fee for services. We do this because we love to give to others and make people smile :D If you see a graphic, comic, photo, joke, poem, quote, etc., that you feel belongs to you and you wish to have it removed from this website, please go to contact link and write to editors and they will promptly remove such graphic, comic, photo, etc. from the website so long as you have your proof of copyright. Many of our photos and graphics are from free public domain database sites Thank you