Karting Safety A High Priotity For All Who Race.
General Safety Of The Driver
Just like any other sport however, karting safety entails precautions that must be properly observed. A good karter knows how to keep safe on and off the circuit. But it does not mean that one should be a really good karter to enjoy the sport, in terms of karting safety it only takes a lot of common sense. Here are a few general tips:
• In all karting circuits, there will always be a briefing of the session. During this time, the rules are given as well as the karting safety instructions. Always remember to listen carefully to these important guidelines. Besides, it will only take you a couple of minutes so take it seriously because it’s worth it.
• The safety clothes are provided most of the time in the karting safety packages. For occasional karters, the basic outfit is sufficient enough to go karting and this includes the karting suit, protective gloves and the helmet. Most of the time, footwear is not part of the package so it’s best to just bring one. Choose trainers that are not thick-soled so that you can still properly feel the pressure that you are putting into the pedals. As for serious Go karters, the necessary clothes will no longer be provided since they already have their own.
• It is also advisable to put on rubber ear plugs that will help regulate the hearing of the high pitch of the motor and thus avoid any damage to the ears.
Safety In Terms Of Handling The Go Kart
It does not only require knowing the general rules, it is also important to note the mechanics of handling the Go kart. This will increase the safety of the ride. Some good tips include:
• Maintenance of the Go karts must be at the highest standard.
• For added protection, a lot of circuits build safety barriers around the track for instances of crashes.
• See to it that the tires of the equipment have been properly checked. Make it sure that they have the right pressure otherwise, the Go kart will be unstable. This will affect the maneuvering of the Go kart.
• The fuel supply of your Go kart must also be checked. Once refueling is needed, see to it that the engine is not heated or still running. It should also be noteworthy not to get the fuel to reach the filler neck and make sure the cap is screwed back tightly to avoid leaking out.
• Lastly, once the Go kart starts to make very unusual noises, vibrations and the like, stopping it as soon as possible will prevent any serious danger. Remove the wire of the spark plug and take it for inspection since there might be a damage inside that could have caused the strange noises.
For starters, karting safety measures are not as difficult to observe. They are just as practical, straightforward and logical. Just always stick to these tips and you should be ending up a safer karter!
House Tips | Auto Tips | Sports/Hobbies | Grandma's Tips |
Wisdom & Humor |