Kickstart Your Diet Using Healthy Foods To help Lose Weight
Kickstart Your Diet With The 10 Healthiest Foods
by John Whelan
Everyone knows the benefits of eating healthy, they range from reducing your risks for diseases to helping you extend and improve your quality of life. Every day it seems like a new study comes out that contradicts an old study. Here's a look at the 10 healthiest foods that have stood the test of time.
1. 8 grams of fat in a portion of avocado seems like a lot but it's an unsaturated fat. The avocado is a good fat that helps increase good cholesterol and sits at the top of the recommended good fat list.
2. Broccoli has 3 grams of fiber per cup and is full of beta-carotene. Vitamin C is abundant in broccoli which should not be overcooked to keep it's nutritional value.
3. One of the most popular Thanksgiving toppings is cranberries, which by itself protects you from harmful bacteria that causes bladder infections. Supplements from the health food store are highly recommended since regular cranberry juices and sauces are packed full of sugar.
4. Omega-3 fatty acids must be attained from food namely fish, rated as one of the top 10 healthiest foods. Salmon, Tuna, Halibut and fresh water fish help with optimizing brain function including normal growth and development.
5. Lentils are full of valuable nutrients including 8 grams of fiber and 9 grams of protein in half a cup. Lentils improve digestion, protect the heart and also reduce the risk of breast cancer.
6. Milk - Provides an assortment of important nutrients like vitamin A, B2, D, and calcium. Go with skim milk to cut down on the amount of fat.
7. Any food that comes from the ground is good for you, that's why oats are one of the top ten foods because of it's ability to reduce cholesterol. Oats will add fiber, protein and selenium to your diet as well.
8. Adding spinach to your nutrition list will add fiber and it also has cartenoids to protect your eyesight. Spinach is also under research by scientists for reducing the aging process. In any case it makes a great salad with sliced boiled eggs, mushrooms, tomatoes and almonds topped with balsamic vinegar & extra virgin olive oil.
9. Tomatoes - What kind of 10 healthiest foods list would this be without this essential staple and number one salad ingredient? Tomatoes contain lycopene, a powerful antioxidant that helps reduce the risk of many cancers.
10. Last but not least is the ever popular almond, it packs a punch when you realize what it can do for your health. Almonds are high in fat but the unsaturated kind that is good for the body. These magic nuts lower cholesterol levels, regulate blood pressure and help prevent osteoporosis. They are high in protein, fiber, magnesium, potassium, calcium, vitamin E and other various antioxidants.
Although there are more than 10 healthiest foods in the world, the ones discussed in this article are right up there in benefits and popularity. Once you try them it's hard to give them up and your body will thank you for it.
This website is for information purposes only. All information on this site is provided "as is" without any warranty of any kind.
The information in the site should be used responsibly and at your own discretion. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice and should not be relied upon without making other inquiries appropriate to the circumstances.
Everyday-Wisdom.com does not accept any liability for your use of or interpretation of the information contained on this website. You expressly agree to use this site at your own risk.
House Tips | Auto Tips | Sports/Hobbies | Grandma's Tips |
Wisdom & Humor |