When studying the laws of attraction, we feel it's essential to lay to rest the myths of attraction that have invaded our reality over the past several decades. In an effort to make a profit, a number of retailers have developed their own ideas about precisely what leads a person to be attracted to another, a number of which are so untrue as to be ludicrous but have enough of a following to cause a great deal of discouragement to the general public.
Listed below are a few of the most common "Myths of Attraction" circulating the public consciousness today.
1. You must be rich and powerful to be found attractive. More often you will find that the opposite is true.
2. Your body must be perfect for another person to find it attractive. As was stated in earlier articles the attraction to a physically fit body is a carryover from the animal kingdom; an individual who was physically fit would stand the best chance of survival and would give birth to strong offspring. Fortunately, since the human mind is more developed than that of the animal kingdom this is not the only consideration used when humans are choosing a mate.
3. For women, the body type typically seen only in those who are very petite or suffering from an eating disorder is the figure that they should strive to attain (at least, that is what all the manufacturers who only make clothing in the latest style in a size six or smaller seem to believe).
4. Your clothing must be of the highest caliber and carry a designer tag.
5. You must possess the intelligence of Albert Einstein.
6. Charm and the ability to attract a mate is inherited; however, with enough money any skill can be bought.
7. Showering someone with gifts is the best way to tell them that you are interested. This will be nice for a day or two, then they will begin to wonder what it is that you want or what it is that you are not willing to give them that you are attempting to compensate for. Bestowing gifts at infrequent (but regular) intervals will ensure continued appreciation.
8. By employing certain "secrets", interested parties will come to you rather than you having to approach them. These are doomed to failure; there is no substitution for personal effort when it come to attracting a potential mate.
All of these myths of attraction are intended to bring in a profit for the companies which propagate them; therefore, they do not want you to know the truth.
Remember...the real secret to attracting the attention of another individual lies within YOU, no one else, and no amount of money is going to change that fact!