Lawn Mower Maintenance
Once you purchase your own mower, then you should take some steps on lawn mower maintenance. You have a state of the art lawn mower, but suddenly after just a few months of using it suddenly breaks down. Well there are some steps that you can do to make sure that your mower is running in optimal condition.
Every month when checking your mower, make sure to check that the blades of the mower are sharpened. With dull blades, the mower uses 20 percent more fuel since you would have to spend more time going over the grass to give the whole lawn a total even cut. How does the blades get dull? There are rocks in you lawn, and these rocks are not free from the blade. They will take away the sharpness of the blades.
Getting excess vibrations whenever you are mowing indicates a damage in the blade. To avoid vibrations, check the blade and the engine mounting bolts. Check the mower wheels, bearings and axles for wear and lubrication. Replace loose, wobbly wheels. Check belts and gears for wear and fit.
After mowing everyday or after the last mowing of the year you can do the following lawn mower maintenance tips:
• Use a hose to spray the clippings and grass that may be clinging to the underside of the deck of your mower. Before spraying your mower with water and taking out the clippings, make sure that the cable is properly disconnected from the plug.
• Drain the remaining fuel from your mower. Make sure to disconnect the spar plug first before you drain. If your mower would be in storage for a long period of time, then it is likely that the gas would get bad. Removing the gas will prevent it from going bad inside the carburetor and engine.
• After removing the gas, you can put the spark plug in again and run the engine to burn the remaining fuel and runs out gas.
• When using a lawn mower which has been in storage for a long time, be sure to change the oil in the mower first. You can also have the spark plug replaced, most spark plugs can fowl up and should be replaced once a year.
• Replace the air filter. Not replacing the air filter is like not letting your engines breathe. Experts suggest that you replace the filter, once a year.
• If the mower is not working and you have already tried t change the parts that you need to change, then it would be better to bring the mower to the service center where it could be checked about the problem.
The best tip in making sure that you lawn mower is working properly and will last for a long time is preventing lawn mower problems from happening at the beginning. But how can you do that?
• Follow a suggested annual lawn mower maintenance cycle for yard enthusiasts and gardeners. This cycle would include draining oil out of your mowers each fall to prepare for the spring. The spring time will be a busy season.
• Get a mower service person to check on your lawn mower at least once a year to check if there is something wrong or just do some checking on your lawn engine. Following good lawn mower maintenance tips will increase the longevity of your investment into your lawn mower.
House Tips | Auto Tips | Sports/Hobbies | Grandma's Tips |
Wisdom & Humor |